Nigel Farage hits back at claims Brexit caused P&O layoffs Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top politics stories again SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Katherine Tai, US Trade Representative, made the remarks in Baltimore after meeting the UK's Trade Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan. Ms Tai said: "A free trade agreement is a tool. A very 20th Century tool. It has its place in the toolbox. "I want to ensure the conversations and the approaches that we bring today, especially with the pressures that were facing, are maximally responsive so that we don’t spend years and spend a lot of blood, sweat and tears working on something that isn’t going to be relevant to the needs of our people and our economies Before the press conference Ms Trevelyan had hoped formal negotiations on a US trade deal may begin by the end of this year, with expectations they could be completed within 18 months. She also said on Tuesday night… Read full this story
- Eurosceptics say a ‘hard Brexit’ could net trade deals worth double EU agreements
- Minister asks German firms to lobby Angela Merkel for new post-Brexit trade deal with UK
- EU open to UK trade negotiations before Brexit, but parallel talks 'will not happen'
- Boost for UK as leak reveals Germany is keen to cut a Brexit deal and Hungary warns EU not to take a hard line on talks
- Boris Johnson ditches his promise for an Australian-style points system for UK immigration
- Brexit, Democratic Debate, Edward Snowden: Your Friday Briefing
- Boris Johnson wrote secret pro-EU column urging people to vote Remain just days before backing Brexit
- The Latest: EU's Tusk 'unconvinced' about UK Brexit proposal
- PM Theresa May must stop Remoaner Hammond’s customs union fantasy and focus on Britain’s post-Brexit future
- Johnson jeered, skips Brexit news conference in Luxembourg
Brexit LIVE: Biden to snub trade deal as Boris told UK not worth 'blood, sweat and tears' have 343 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 23, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.