A VIRTUAL reality fan has described her harrowing experience visiting the metaverse’s “seediest” strip clubs. In an article for US men’s magazine MEL over the weekend, writer Brit Dawson explained how she asked the virtual space using a VR headset and was able to chat to fellow visitors online. She began her quest at Club Ruby, a virtual reality strip club accessed through the popular app VRChat on a Meta Quest headset. “Like a real dive, it's dark inside save for the fluorescent red lighting, which illuminates the matching polyester sofas and cascades across the crimson curtains that garnish each private room,” Brit wrote. “In the corner, there's a bar, and a stage with two poles on either side. Really — it's just like any other strip club.” The metaverse is a social space that users can socialise in as digital versions of themselves – a bit like Facebook , but in virtual reality. Facebook’s owner Meta does not run the app but it does operate the popular Meta Quest headsets used to access it on. VRChat is home to many innocent spaces such as supermarkets and even a McDonald’s. Most read in News Tech EYE CAN’T BELIEVE IT APPLE… Read full this story
- Facebook changes name to Meta as Zuckerberg vows to create ‘new internet’
- GTA San Andreas VR is coming to Facebook’s $299 Oculus Quest 2, Mark Zuckerberg reveals
- Facebook could change its name TODAY at special event hosted by Mark Zuckerberg
- Virtual universe: What is metaverse and how will it work?
- Facebook Changes Name to ‘Meta' in Hopes of Reversing Brand Damage
- What is the metaverse? Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Fortnite, Roblox and more
- What the metaverse will (and won’t) be, according to 28 experts
- What We Talk About When We Talk About the Metaverse
- Facebook Inc. rebrands as Meta to stress “metaverse” plan
- EXPLAINER: What is the metaverse and how will it work?
Inside seedy metaverse ‘strip club’ hidden inside Facebook’s VR headset – and it’s open 24/7 have 317 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 7, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.