It doesn't take long for Senior Year to lay out its outlandish premise, which is centered on a popular high schooler who awakens from a two-decade-long coma and, hoping to pick up right where she left off, strives to finish her senior year at the age of 37. Within minutes, we're transported into the fray of this woman's messy state of arrested development. And though director Alex Hardcastle and screenwriters Andrew Knauer, Arthur Pielli, and Brandon Scott Jones take to heart the smart concept of a person caught out of time in high school, much like the ingenious 21 Jump Street and Never Been Kissed did, this Netflix original lacks the power of those cinematic predecessors to stick the landing. After moving to the United States from Australia, impressionable teen Stephanie (Angourie Rice) was desperate to fit in with the popular crowd. Poring over trendy magazines and MTV, sporting the right wardrobe, and following the accepted social norms helped our young heroine become the most popular girl in her high school by her senior year. Now she's on track for her so-called perfect life—driving a red convertible Cabriolet, dating the hottest guy in class, Blaine (Tyler Barnhardt), and getting named… Read full this story
- New Orleans Grads Whose Senior Year Was Disrupted by Hurricane Katrina Comfort Class of 2020
- One In Three Students At Local California Schools Failed Last Year – But Who’s Tracking?
- Review of the year: the female groundbreakers of 2017
- My first day on campus, after two years of online classes
- Getting to the Bottom of Harvard Graduates' Gender Pay Gap
- Officials start preparations for in-person primary classes
- A Year After a Jobs Bust, College Students Find a Boom
- 20 years on, where are the Board toppers? Over half are abroad, most in science and technology
- The system is the monster in Naomi Novik’s engaging The Last Graduate
- This Jaipur boy emerged a topper despite renal failure
Despite an A+ premise, Senior Year fails to graduate head of the class have 320 words, post on www.avclub.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.