Sandra Oh and Julianne Moore are teaming up and hitting the seas. Both actors are set to join to the film adaptation of Margaret Atwood's short story (first published in the New Yorker ) called Stone Mattress . Director Lynne Ramsay will be at the helm. The film, which Deadline calls a "blue-chip revenge thriller, Moore will Advertisement Like most of Atwood's work, Stone Mattress feels especially timely and relevant Roe v. , this story, with its themes of stolen motherhood and unaccounted sexual abuse, feels more important than ever," she says in a statement, per Deadline . "I first read Margaret Atwood when I was a teenager, and her work has gripped me ever since," Ramsay adds. Free Apple Subscriptions Spend nothing, get ‘Ted Lasso’ Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Fitness+, and Apple News are all free for new subscribers for up to six months. Get it at Best Buy Advertisement Ramsay continues, "From its tongue-in-cheek humor to its moments of icy vengeance and delicate portrayal of an emotional repression specific to the boomer generation, it is a story I've wanted to materialize on-screen since my first reading. With the current repeal in women's rights across the world, particularly… Read full this story
- At Coolidge award event, Oscar-winner Julianne Moore reflects on roles and her years in Boston
- Moore adds to complex roles with ‘Wedding’
- Emmys: Killing Eve stars go head-to-head
- Martha Stewart didn't know who Chip and Joanna Gaines are
- Locals shine despite heat at Mt. Marathon race
- Movie Review: After the Wedding
- The Emmys: ‘Game of Thrones’ sets record with 32 nods
- Julia Roberts is in 'exceptional company' after Emmy snub
- Game of Thrones leads in Emmy nods
- ‘Benny & Joon’ at the Paper Mill: Um, why is this a musical?
Sandra Oh, Julianne Moore to star in Stone Mattress adaptation have 295 words, post on www.avclub.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.