Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Thai people may soon receive a cannabis plant at home gifted by their government. Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced in a Facebook post on May 7 that he wants to distribute one million cannabis plants with a THC level below 0.2% to households across the country for medical purposes only. The plant giveaway coincides with the new law on cannabis growing, which will enter into force on June 9, and a recent government decision to remove cannabis from the list of drugs considered illegal under its Narcotics Law. After becoming the first Southeast Asian country to legalize medical cannabis in 2018, Thailand became the first Asian country to decriminalize cannabis with a THC level below 0.2% for personal use in January 2022. Cannabis can’t be used for commercial purposes without licenses. In fact, anyone who wants to grow cannabis plants for commercial purposes will still have to seek permission from the authorities. Thai companies and entrepreneurs have to register via Pluk Kan, a mobile application developed and operated by the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to sell cannabis products that contain a THC level below 0.3%. According to the Thai FDA, any private… Read full this story
- Coca Cola bottling heir and his fellow billionaire business partner are arrested in St Kitts after landing on a private jet with actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers and '5,000 cannabis plants worth $1.3MILLION' on board - which they insist is legal
- Cannabis Vape Companies Saw Bootlegs Coming — So Why Didn’t Regulators?
- Trio of women who went off-grid to start a cannabis farm in the Californian countryside reveal they've built their own sewer system and fend off bears with guns
- How the Cannabis Industry Can Do Better to Fight the Climate Crisis
- The team who will make Meghan Markle millions: Lawyers, web experts and a ruthless Hollywood PR machine who are set to orchestrate the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Thailand develops world’s largest hydro floating solar hybrid power project
- Charles is 'hurt' after giving millions of his OWN cash to Meghan and Harry: Prince used private income to furnish couple's home and pay for wedding to 'help embrace daughter-in-law into family'
- Unseasonable big dry sets stage for household water charges of $397 to $1858 a year
- Hitler’s world may not be so far away
- 'I've been to Amsterdam. That's all I'll say': Rebecca Long-Bailey hints she took cannabis as she prepares to formally launch her Labour leadership campaign with a swipe at rival Sir Keir Starmer by vowing to end 'gentlemen's club' at Westminster
Thailand To Give Away One Million Cannabis Plants To Households Across The Country have 417 words, post on www.forbes.com at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.