Early smartphones were pretty basic. They relied on apps to do a lot of the more powerful and interesting things. For example, scanning QR codes—you needed to download an app to do it. That's not the case anymore. Flashlight apps have experienced a similar trajectory. What once required a third-party app from the app store is now a baked-in feature on Android and iPhone. You don't need a flashlight app anymore , and you don't need a QR code scanner app anymore either. RELATED: Stop Using Flashlight Apps What Is a QR Code Scanner? A QR code scanner is simply an app that can detect QR codes . A QR code is a form of barcode that contains information. You and I can't read that information with our eyes, but a QR code scanner can. QR codes can contain many different things. It can be a simple URL, plain text, a contact card, PDF, email, phone number, Wi-Fi network details, or even a prefilled text message. There's a lot that can be done with QR codes, which is why you should know how to scan them. All you have to do is point the app at the QR code and you'll… Read full this story
- The best apps to help you nail student life
- Everything you need to know about Facebook’s cryptocurrency
- All you need to know about Facebook's new cryptocurrency
- Greggs giving away 110,000 bottles of Ribena this week
- The five bits of Norfolk tech that are going to change your life
- 2019 – the ‘go digital’ year for Regina Maria
- Havering and Kafoodle help students ensure food is allergen-free
- How Free Now seeks to regain its Hailo with a second rebrand
- TECH TALK: Ezviz C3A HD1080p Wireless Security Camera
- Noel Gallagher: 'If you don't like Brexit, go to North Korea'
You Don’t Need a QR Code Scanner App Anymore have 305 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.