Smartwatches are useful and stylish wearable devices for everyday use, but they also have some additional benefits if you spend a lot of time climbing up mountains or on hiking trails. Track Your Routes as Workouts One of the most basic functions of a smartwatch is the ability to track your workouts . This can be motivating whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned hiker. Any routes you record can be checked on a smartwatch later, allowing you to see exactly where you've been which is useful for planning repeat excursions or altering routes for next time. This goes hand-in-hand with using your smartwatch to improve your fitness. Tracking workouts on an Apple Watch is one of the best ways of filling your Move and Exercise rings . Your workouts are saved in the Fitness app and you can use the data gathered to get better insight into your overall fitness level. You can even enter into competitions with other Apple Watch users if you're feeling competitive and looking for extra motivation. RELATED: How Your Apple Watch Can Help You Stay Active GPS on Your Wrist A smartwatch with GPS functionality can work as a standalone GPS device,… Read full this story
- Best smartwatch deals for January 2021: Samsung, Fitbit, and Apple Watch sales
- This early Apple Watch prototype looks more like an iPod than a smartwatch
- BBC Breakfast star Dan Walker's daughter is helping out behind the scenes!
- Hikers from mixed households in England travel more than 75 miles together in minibus to join walkers in packed car park at Welsh beauty spot
- Best smartwatch 2021: the top wearables you can buy today
- Snow may slow down search for Brit hiker missing in Pyrenees mountains
- Best Android smartwatch 2021: what to wear on your wrist if you have an Android
- Heartbroken boyfriend of missing hiker breaks silence on 'break up' reports
- Apple Watch vs Garmin: how to choose the right smartwatch for you
- Three Reasons Why Tom Brady Obliterating The Lions Was Wildly Impressive
8 Reasons Hikers and Walkers Should Get a Smartwatch have 329 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.