Roku-powered TVs and streaming devices already have the Roku Channel , which has free movies, TV shows, and some live content. The Roku Channel started adding local news channels in June, and now more have arrived. Roku added nine NBC local news channels earlier this year, including NBC New York News and NBC Dallas/Fort Worth News, which roughly mirror what you would get with a cable subscription or OTA antenna in their respective areas (minus NBC's non-news content). Three more local stations are now available — NBC San Diego News, NBC Boston News, and NBC San Francisco Bay Area. Roku has also added LX News , a nationwide station that NBC launched in 2020. RELATED What Is The Roku Channel? These stations were already available to stream online through NBC's Peacock service or other Roku channels, but now they're built into the Roku Channel, so you don't need to install or sign up for anything if you already have a Roku player. There are a few more new "live" channels that are just loops of episodes from specific shows or genres. There's 'Roku Channel Western's with "classic and modern Western movies and popular Western series," an Ion channel with shows like NCIS… Read full this story
- Final editions: why no local news is bad news
- BBC plans charity to fund local news reporting in Britain
- News channel is slammed as 'sexist to both men and women' by sharing meme to celebrate 'National Men Make Dinner Day'
- Facebook is testing a city-specific section of its app to elevate local news and events
- BBC director general Tony Hall says the BBC will not reverse plan to scrap free TV licences for over-75s
- Roku Streaming Stick Review: A $50 Wonder and Your TV's New Best Pal
- Roku Express review
- Budget TVs are finally worth buying, and you can thank Roku
- Keep up-to-date with the best news apps on iPhone and Android
- REUTERS NEWS SCHEDULE AT 10pm GMT/6am SGT
Roku Now Has More Free Built-in Local News Channels have 331 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at August 17, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.